A Catalogue of Dedicated Benches

Whilst wandering around Christchurch Park in Ipswich, Suffolk I noticed that around 2/3rds of the wooden benches were inscribed as a memorial to some one or an event - so I have decided to photograph and catalogue them- and perhaps find out a bit more about the people and history of Ipswich along the way!

Saturday 18 February 2017

A Good Neighbour

When I started this project, I never expected to find a bench dedicated to someone I knew, but today I came across this bench for John Pallant (1924-1914).


John lived in the house opposite to ours and was a good neighbour to us for over 25 years. A true gentleman! His wife passed away last month aged 98 and we miss them both. John's bench is next to the tennis courts and has a wonderful view over the park as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment